METEW.COM Privacy Statement
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Using Metew.comWhile using Metew.com, you will not:
- post content or items under inappropriate categories or areas
- violate any laws, third party rights or any Metew policies
- use Metew.com if you are unable to enter into legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18 without parental consent or are denied access to this or related Metew sites;
- receive tickets for Metews without payment, unless tickets are for free Metews
- fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer/winner is negligent or you cannot validate the buyer's identity
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with the products, services or Metews of other members
- deviate from the Metew fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Metew
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content
- undermine the feedback or rating systems
- transfer your Metew account and Metew ID to another party without the consent of Metew
- distribute or post spam
- distribute viruses or anything that would otherwise harm the operations of Metew
- copy, modify, or distribute content from Metew.com and Metew's copyrights and trademarks
- collect information about Metew members
Please report problems, offensive content, and policy violations. Please work with Metew to keep this site safe and secure. Report violations that infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks or other rights of third parties. If you create problems, or if Metew.com believes that you pose legal liabilities, we may restrict or cancel your account, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep you off of Metew.com. Metew may cancel unconfirmed accounts.
Fees and Services
Metew is free for members. Fees are charged, however, for using services, such as eRaffling items, becoming a Premium Member or becoming a Merchant Member. When you Metew an item or use a service that is based upon fees, you may review and accept said fees. Fee changes will be posted and become effective 7 days thereafter. Metew may change any and all fees for our services for promotional events or new services, and such fees will be effective upon posting of the same. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees prior to using Metew services.
Resolution of Disputes
- If a dispute arises between you and Metew.com, a neutral, cost effective and timely resolution is agreed upon by all concerned. Accordingly, you and Metew agree that all parties will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services in accordance with this Agreement, or as all concerned otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
- Law and Forum for Disputes - This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws that govern Metew.com, as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within the jurisdiction that governs Metew.com, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Metew must be resolved by a court located within the jurisdiction that governs Metew.com, except as otherwise agreed by the parties, or according to the arbitration terms below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts that govern Metew.com for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Arbitration Option - For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Improperly Filed Claims - All claims you bring against Metew.com must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section, .com may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1,000.00, provided that Metew.com has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
NoticesExcept as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on Metew's registered agent and to the email address you provide to Metew during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after an email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
Content LicenseIn order to provide Metew services on your behalf, content given to Metew must represent a grant for a non-exclusive, international, continuous, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. Liability You will not hold Metew.com responsible for the actions or inactions of other members. You acknowledge the limitations of Metew.com to control the actions of others outside of enforcing this User Agreement. Metew.com is a venue whereby Metew.com may Metew just about anything, at anytime, from anywhere. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of listings, or that an Metewr or winner will satisfy all responsibilities. Metew.com is solely the platform that conducts the Metew on behalf of the party, the Metewr, requesting the same. Metew does not transfer legal ownership of items from the Metewr to the winner. Unless the Metewr and winner agree otherwise, the winner will become lawful owner of an item or service upon physical receipt from the Metewr. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, Metew.com excludes any and all implied warranties, terms and conditions, especially since Metew cannot guarantee the continuous operation of Metew.com, as any number of influences may detract from Metew.com operations, with said influences outside of the control of Metew.com. Loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any other damages resulting from Metew.com usage by you, is not actionable against Metew.com. Furthermore, since some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
ReleaseShould you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Metew.com and all Metew.com officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, partners and employees from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Access and InterferenceYou agree not to:
- take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content from Metew.com without the prior expressed written permission of Metew.com and any appropriate third party, as applicable
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Metew.com or any activities conducted on Metew.com or its related sites
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to Metew.com
Your Use and Disclosure of Your InformationYour Metew ID is viewable and your activities on Metew.com may be traceable to your Metew ID. Anyone who knows your Metew ID may understand your Metew activities. Do not tell anyone your Metew ID. Metew sites will allow you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions with other members or companies. Be sure to fully disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of others. Since Metew cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information, please evaluate the privacy and security policies of others before proceeding. Metew may disclose information, under specific conditions, to allow for shipping and financials and data needed to facilitate your transactions. Metew members involved in a transaction have access to information, such as name, Metew ID, email address, and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, and regardless of your role in the transaction, you must give members a chance to remove themselves from your database and confirm what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use Metew information for:
- Metew transaction-related purposes;
- using services offered through Metew
- other purposes that a member requests
- email address, physical contact information and any account numbers
- transactional information based on your activities on the site (such as buying, selling, eRaffling)
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through Metew.com, and correspondence sent to Metew.com
- computer sign on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Metew and related sites, and ad data
- other information, including IP address and standard web log information
- supplemental information from third parties
Disclosure and Use of InformationMetew.com will not provide your information to third parties. Metew.com may combine your information with data from other companies to improve Metew services. Your personal information is used to provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Within this understanding, you acknowledge that your information will be used to:
- provide Metew services and customer support
- resolve disputes
- prevent illegal activities or products and enforce the Metew User Agreement
- expand, improve and specialize Metew services, web design and content
- involve you with targeted marketing or promotional offers based upon your preferences
- validate your information for accuracy, which may be verified with third parties
- Metew.com subsidiaries and affiliates - to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services
- service providers who help with Metew business operations
- any parties to whom you direct Metew to send your information
- law enforcement or governmental officials - for legal and lawful requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity
- there is an investigation for fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity
PasswordProtect your Metew password. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters when creating your password. Do not disclose your Metew password to anyone. If you share your password or your personal information with others, you are responsible for all actions with respect to your account. If you lose control of your password, your personal information may be compromised and you may be legally bound for actions made with the use of your account. Therefore, if your password is compromised, notify Metew and change your password. You may see, review and change most of your personal information on Metew.com. Change your information as needed. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. However, upon your request, and depending on time constraints, we will close your account and remove your personal information. We store personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
SpamMetew.com will not send spam or allow spam. We will communicate with you primarily to your Metew account or directly to your email. Do not add any Metew member, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing lists without their express consent. To report Metew related spam or spoof emails to Metew, please notify Metew.com directly. Do not send spam and do not violate the Metew User Agreement. Metew filters and scans for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content. Metew does not store store email messages.
- some Metew features are only available with cookies
- cookies identify you and maintain your signed-in status
- most cookies are deleted at the end of a session
- cookies may be declined; but, you may not be able to use Metew.com
- cookies from third parties may occur when using the pages of Metew.com